The Romans looked toward their war god Mars for the troubles which lay ahead of them. They sought to build an empire in order to spread their legions in every direction. They felt the blessing of Mars at their back within the heat of battle. As a testament to his blessing, a remarkably powerful shield known as the Ancile, fell from heaven. It was prophesized hundreds of years before the first taste of blood was felt upon Roman soil, wherever the shield was preserved, the people would be the dominant people of the earth. In order to thwart would-be thieves from procuring the Ancile shield, 12 copies were made and disbursed in all directions. In addition, 12 patrician youths known as the Salii were charged in protecting these 12 copies. Each of them were priests dressed as archaic warriors in flowing embroidered tunics with chest plates adorned upon their bodies, including a silken red cloak, sword, and a spiked headdress known as an apex resting on their head. They were given the sole responsibility of guarding twelve bronze shields, which like the original Mycenaean shield, resembled a figure eight. Only a prophetic nymph known as Egeria knew of the original shield and its location, having seen where the shield would end, granting dominance and perseverance to the people who have it in their possession. Those who sought out the nymph within her sacred groves outside Rome, she would offer her wisdom and guidance for those who, in exchange, offer her libations in the form of milk or water. It is believed, this powerful shield, created in the forges of heaven and blessed to bring great and powerful tidings, to bring great physical protection against unnatural forces.
The object of your quest is to seek the location of the ancient Ancile shield of the Roman god Mars. The book you have in your possession, a culmination of your predictions, holds the key to the language needed of a child born of the stars to interpret. The language is not visible until the constellation Aries is visible in the night sky. The constellation is visible for only three hours giving one not enough time to fool around. When the book is placed on a flat surface underneath the constellation Aires, the hidden language will come alive within the book in a startling, luminous white light. This language is one only a child of the stars can translate and understand. The language is as follows:
within the garden of the gods,
the lovely maiden stands among odds.
wisdom and strength she holds dear,
the key in which strength has no fear.
something offered, something given,
or you shall seek to be forgiven.
one you seek guarded by twelve,
will protect your home from the south.
The answer lies in the west within the Garden of the Gods, in Colorado, where the beautiful nymph maiden Egeria awaits for your arrival. Exploring the gorgeous natural phenomenon, you will discover etching in the side of the rock. As the light fades and the light of the stars touches upon it, will grant you the chant in which to summon Egeria:
Nymph of the Spring!
More honour’d hadst thou been,
If, free from art, an edge of living green,
Thy bubbling fount had circumscribed alone,
And marble ne’er profaned the native stone
One must offer her libations in exchange for her candid wisdom and prophecy. Her libations come in the form of blessed water or milk. In return, she has foreseen the Ancile shield moving to a new location and offering protection. She will offer all of you a sprig from her sacred grove as a peace offering. This sprig must be taken to the Salii, otherwise without it, will face the 12 head on in a dangerous battle. The sprig is acknowledgement you have visited Egeria and have been given prophecy the shield will move. The shield, nonetheless, has 11 copies that were made to thwart thieves. Only one will offer the protection needed to strength a fourth of camp's boundaries facing the south. She will tell you the answer you seek is in the number 12. What the number 12 signifies is where one will find the original Ancile shield of Mars, protected by the 12 Salii. Digging a little deeper and using all the knowledge and understanding of the myth surrounding the Salii, one will know these immortal guardians hail from Rome. The shield, itself, is Roman by nature as it fell from heavens by the hand of their war god Mars. The number 12 will offer the clue where the original shield is located. Knowledge of history, one may turn toward North Carolina, as it is the 12th state to be accepted within the union. Traveling there may yield results and may hold the shield you need, but is it the original shield you seek? Only the false shield is located here and diving deeper into the number 12, one could cleverly reverse the number to be 21 and look toward the 21st state, Illinois, that was accepted into the union. Here, the town of Rome holds a possible clue, with the infinity symbol, mirroring the shape of the shield, blazoned on the side of a building for only the star child to see. Within the building, the Salii stand guard around the original shield of Mars. Do not forget to offer them the sprig, or you will battle to the death. The shield promises protection. Failure should not be an option.
• Svetlana should take her book of predictions and set it out after dusk when the constellation Aries is visible the most. You only have three hours to do this. Once the book is in a visible spot where Aries is clearly above, the language of the stars shall appear.
• Before traveling to the Garden of the Gods, you will need libations in order to offer them to the nymph, Egeria. She accepts blessed water or milk.
• Travel to the Garden of the Gods where you are searching for the nymph attached to the legion of the Ancile Shield: Egeria. There is a way to summon her and upon night fall, search the rock formations carefully to uncover the chant in which to do so. Offer her libations of the blessed water or milk, and seek her prophetic wisdom.
• She knows the location of the original shield, tying in with the number 12. 12 representing the 12 Salii priests protecting it. 12 representing the number of shields in total.
• Egeria will offer a sprig from her sacred grove. This is to be given to the Salii when they are discovered. They will acknowledge Egeria was visited and she has foreseen the shield moving to a new location. Without it, you will be forced to battle them.
• The number 12 represents the true location of the original Ancile shield. It is located in Rome, Illinois. Illinois is the 21st state to be accepted into the union. One may think North Carolina as the 12th but a little trickery will receive the right answer.
• The Salii are found within a building with an infinity symbol on the site. A symbol which is only visible for a child of the stars. Careful heading inside as a possible battle awaits you. Retrieve the shield by fighting for it or retrieve the shield peacefully--the choice is up to you.